Early development is fundamental to the growth of your child
FEEDING AND SWALLOWING THERAPY
Therapists work with the chid and family to address multiple factors involved with feeding and
swallowing challenges. Extensive education and training is provided to the parents for support
and effective carryover to the home.
Our Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) have specific training in the area of pediatric feeding
disorders. Feeding programs are developed from the most current research-based techniques.
Feeding therapy may include the following:
- Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach
- FOOD CHAINING
- Oral Motor Assessment and Intervention
Individualized therapy plans make Treehouse Therapies a great place to GROW!
Who can benefit from feeding therapy?
Babies or children who have the following challenges:
- Showing aversive reactions or difficulties to food, bottle, or breast. (ex: vomiting, choking, coughing)
- Having trouble transitioning between food stages. (ex: purees to solids)
- Difficulty tolerating the introduction to new foods.
- Eating a limited number of foods.
- Transitioning from g-tubes/increasing oral intake.
How can we help?
We offer a play-based sensory motor approach to feeding that enhances long term success and carryover.
Eating should be FUN!
Therapy teaches babies and children to enjoy mealtime by building eating skills and increasing awareness
and acceptance to various food properties like smell, taste, color, shape, consistency and texture.